Running an ecommerce store is a time-consuming business. Just updating your products, prices and offers can take up much of your valuable time – time that could be better spent marketing your business, finding new customers, increasing your product range and improving your profits. The answer? Outsource your product data entry. Services like this are affordable and readily available – you just need to be ready to take the next step.
Finding more time in the dayNo ecommerce business owner works 9-5, five days a week. Your store takes orders twenty-four hours a day, so you need to be sure that the information you’re giving your customers is accurate, up-to-date and persuades them to buy. That’s a big task for anyone – and if you’re running your own small business, it can seriously compromise the amount of time you have to do other things. So here are our top tips on why you should look into affordable data entry services:
- Save yourself some money – your own time is valuable, so spend it on the things that really matter to your business. Of course, you could hire an employee to manage your site updates, but employees are expensive – you have to pay national insurance and pension contributions and provide them with somewhere to work and the equipment to work with. When you outsource to someone who offers outsourced data entry support, you’re only paying for the hours you use, and there are no additional costs.
- Save yourself some stress – there’s nothing worse than putting off a job that you know needs doing, but you just can’t get around to. Whether it’s because it’s time consuming, or you don’t like the repetitive nature of the work, you not only waste time if you’re putting it off; you’re causing yourself stress. Getting someone to manage your website updates for you means you can relax in the knowledge that this important job is being done.
- Save yourself some time – it’s often only once business owners outsource this kind of task that they realise how much time they’ve been wasting. Once you have reliable data entry support in place, you’ll be able to use that spare time however you wish – in your business or in your personal life. You’ll feel better for it, and your business will be better off too.
- Save yourself from lost business – ecommerce is a highly competitive market. Whether you’re selling your own products direct from your website, using channels like Amazon, drop-shipping other people’s products or a combination of all these, you need to maximise your chances of winning business. Nothing puts potential buyers off more than a website that is out of date, has boring product descriptions or not enough information on delivery or offer prices. Continual website data entry across your product range means you could access more business.
How can a virtual data entry assistant help?It’s not just updating the products and offers on your website that a good assistant can help with. In fact, there’s a range of other day-to-day tasks that you can outsource to a specialist in ecommerce. Data entry is certainly important, but you can also ask for help with:
- Additional website resources – blogs, social media and other online marketing channels can help you to increase awareness of your brand and your products, and to share valuable information with customers. This increases loyalty and makes new customers more likely to buy.
- Good customer service – from the time your customer lands on the site until the time you follow up their order delivery, customer service matters. Order processing is a key part of delivering to your brand promises, and can make the difference between customers returning or not. Look for an outsourced service that can also help with taking and processing orders, including invoicing and a follow-up feedback communication, to help show your customers that you value their business.
- Bookkeeping and finance – a resource that understands your business is a valuable asset. Choose a virtual assistant company that can provide you with help across the board. For ecommerce businesses in particular, it’s important to keep good, relevant records, so invoicing and bookkeeping are also good tasks to consider outsourcing.